First of all, if you are engaged to be married, congratulations!
Churches have always been a special place for momentous events in people’s lives and getting married in church is the perfect way to start your married lives together. Holy Trinity Church is a lovely setting for a wedding and accommodates friends and family from 4 to 400 with ease.
The church is well maintained and looks beautiful with wedding flowers and candles. It is set in a churchyard where you may wish to have photographs and your guests can assemble and mingle.
If you live in the parish, you have an automatic right to be married here at Holy Trinity. According to the Church of England’s regulations, you can also marry here if you can show that one of you:
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least six months, or
- was baptised (christened) here, or
- is confirmed and your confirmation was entered in the register of confirmations here (this will usually be the case if you were prepared for confirmation in the parish), or
- has at any time regularly (that is at least twice a month) gone to normal church services here for a period of at least six months.
Or, that one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least six months, or
- has regularly gone to normal church services here for a period of at least six months.
Or, that one of your parents or grandparents was married here.
If you cannot demonstrate any of the above connections, the easiest thing is to simply come along to one of our usual services at least once a month for six consecutive months. If you decide to do this, leave enough time after your attendance for the banns to be read before your wedding too – about another two months should be enough.
If you’d like to be married at Holy Trinity, the first step is to make contact with the Vicar, well in advance, to discuss the options open to you. You can contact our Vicar through the church office - or you can speak to her directly at church.
A summary of our costs can be found here.
Picture by Katherine Yiannaki Photography
Clicking the banner below will take you to the CoE’s dedicated Wedding site to help you plan your wedding.